Information on CHARMS
The CHARMS website is a statewide standard class organization website designed for elective classes. CHARMS functions much like SKYWARD in regards to confidential, individual and isolated teacher/parent/student access to class information. This information easily matriculates to the high school when students enter the high school level. There is additional functionality that is more practical to the digital age of music specific items such as:
- Real-Time Calendar with Attendance Functionality
- Student Finance Accounts
- Instrument Inventory Management
- Form Collection (From Activities to Waivers)
- Medical and Travel Documentation
- Music Library Access
- Recording Studios (for the individual and the ensemble.)
- Practice Sheet Management
- A mobile app located on the App Store and Google Play
- And many more features
A YouTube video showing the parent/student features and instructions regarding CHARMS can be found at: CHARMS Parent/student/member Overview
A Frequently Asked Question page may be found at: CHARMS Faq;
Any further questions may be directed to email@example.com.
How To Access Parent Information on CHARMS
- Log on to www.charmsoffice.com and click “ENTER” at the top right corner.
- Locate the “PARENT/STUDENT/MEMBERS LOGIN” section of the web page.
- Login to your child’s program account using the following login: SCLeeJHBand
This will bring up the main parent page which will allow you to look at your child’s program’s public calendar, event list, handouts, website and other files.
- Clicking on an event on the calendar brings up the details for that event, such as times, attendance requirements and equipment/uniform necessities. Clicking on “event list” puts all of the calendar information in a list form for easy printing.
- When you enter your child’s Student ID Number, another more detailed screen appears with even more options to view your student’s music assignments, financial records, forms and personal information. Enter your child’s Student ID first – then you may create your own, unique password by clicking on the “Change Password” icon.
- One area in which you can help the director maintain his/her records:
- Student information form – if the director has allowed it, you may help make changes to your child’s student information page (such as updating phone numbers and email addresses if they change) to help the teacher communicate with you more effectively.
- Much of the information that is sent out this year will be conveyed in the form of e-mail correspondence sent through the Charms system. Keeping this data current will help us keep you informed of band events and information.
- To update this data, simply click on the “Personal Info” icon, make sure the information is correct and click the “Update” button to submit.
- Most importantly, the parent page assists both you and the teacher to communicate with each other. ·You will also see links to enter Practice Logs, use the Recording Studio if the teacher has enabled these options, and others.
If you have any concerns, please feel free to contact us. Email is our preferred method of contact as we have very little time to take phone calls throughout the day.